Thursday, June 28, 2012

Tammy Baldwin Statement on Supreme Court Ruling

Statement of Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin On the Supreme Court Ruling on the Affordable Care Act June 28, 2012 

 “Today’s ruling by justices appointed by Presidents of both parties is an independent legal judgment. It is now time to come together and make this work.

 I disagree with those who want to rip up the decision of an independent court and start over.

 I am committed to continuing my work across party lines to make reform work and if there are bipartisan solutions that strengthen reform, we should work together to move them forward.

 I have previously authored bipartisan, health care reform legislation with Congressman Tom Price (R-GA) that earned broad co-sponsorship from 36 Republicans and 44 Democrats. I remain a willing partner to work across the political divide to advance bipartisan solutions and protect the gains we have made for the people of Wisconsin.

 I believe middle class families should have the peace of mind knowing they will have access to quality, affordable health care, regardless of any pre-existing condition.

 I believe Wisconsin small business owners should receive assistance to provide health coverage to their employees, allowing them to be more competitive in the global marketplace.

 I believe seniors should continue to have access to free preventive care, as well as affordable access to prescription drugs under Medicare.

 And I believe that it is the right thing to do to allow over 6 million young people who now have health care to stay on their parents’ health care coverage.”

No comments: