Friday, October 08, 2010

You Know What They Say About Assuming...

Today's Journal Sentinel Headlines say it all about Scott Walker's sham budget. "$30 million hole..." and "Walker plan is built on assumed revenue". Here is a partial listing of the many assumptions that Scott Walker made in this year's budget:


  • As he did last year, Scott Walker assumes worker concessions that he has not even negotiated much less won.($17 million)


  • Scott Walker assumes an unrealistic amount of revenue from possible land sales. ($7 million)


  • Scott Walker assumes that Milwaukee County suddenly wont have to pay money to the state that is due. ($7 million)


  • Scott Walker assumes an unsupported amount of revenue from TV screen advertising on buses. ($2 million)


  • Scott Walker assumes that voters wont notice his budgetary game playing.


  • As I commented on Twitter, I would like to try doing my own budget like Scott Walker does it for Milwaukee County. The only thing that I need to know is exactly where do I list my assumed revenue from a big lottery win? On second thought, maybe I shouldn't do that...you know what they say about assuming.

    No comments: